Middies Athletic Program
Saint Gertrude High School offers athletic teams for middle school girls from Richmond Catholic and public middle schools. This Middies program is a great opportunity for girls to learn and grow in their sport and meet girls from different schools. We welcome all 5th-8th grade girls!
SGHS offers Field Hockey and Volleyball in the Fall, Basketball in the Winter, and Lacrosse and Softball in the Spring.
For more information contact Fran Pochily, Director of Athletics.
- Mondays and Wednesday 4:30-6PM at the Saint Gertrude Outdoor Athletic Center(OAC),490 Scott Road.
- First practice is Friday, September 8th. This is a change due to impending thunderstorms on Wednesday, September 6th.
- Home games are at the OAC.
- Away game are various local schools.
Fee is $200 for the season.
- Mondays and Thursdays 7-8:30 PM at Saint Gertrude High School Sister Charlotte Lange Gym.
- First practice is Thursday, September 7.
- The teams will play in a Tuesday evening league at RVC North (2921 Byrdhill Road, Henrico).
- Additional games will be scheduled, with home games at SGHS and away game are are various local schools.